What can we do to make sure we are living every day? To celebrate being alive?
Here are a few things you can try. Most of them are short and easy.
- Before you go to bed at night, make a list of ten things you are thankful for that day. Don’t go to bed until you come up with ten things. Do this every day for a week.
- Unplug. If you’re a phone junkie, like I am, commit to a whole day without social media or news. Better yet, commit to a weekend or a week.
- Take a quiet walk alone, with your phone off, for 15 minutes. Look closely at the soil where you walk, the bark on the trees, the sky between the tree branches. Say thank you to every thing you see.
- Sign up for the Minnesota DNR eagle camera feed on your computer. The eaglets have hatched! Check on them every day. https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/features/webcams/eaglecam/index.html
- Do Nothing. Sit outdoors. Set a timer for 15 minutes and do nothing except relax and look around.
Got more ideas? Share them in the comments!